Monday, November 17, 2008

Poems from my past...

I was recently reading through some journals of old and, wow. It's always so interesting to revisit the thoughts that once traversed the mind--regardless of how dark they may be.

Nevertheless, I found some poetry of mine that I really like and wanted to share here.

You...
I am here
within the bliss
aside the stride
consuming breath
inhaling, exhaling
~ecstasy~
~elation~
~contentment~
breathe, I tell myself
inhaling, exhaling
begin again
ahhh...
here we go love.

I leave the interpretation of the above to your own imagination...

I give up.
I give in.
I give my last.
I take the blame.

Fairy tale fortunes
costless bliss awry.

I do not believe in the myths.

I will not buy into the falsehoods.

Fucking castles in the clouds; thunder.

Bastard knights or sleeping princesses; drugged.

Poisonous apples and fatal beauty; alas, a smile of reality.

I will not be love's pawn, I will be unmoved.

I am the untouchable, unbreakable.

The tainted love shall not imprison
My heart will not soften at it's whisper
My lips pursed and cursed
Ears deaf; I'm humming
Love is, alas
Alas it is...
...in me
wreak your havoc upon me.

This was me fighting the urge to love the woman who came to be my partner of 7 years.

As I step lightly, I am naive and new.
I am wisdom of all that I do not know
I am free to redefine who I come to be.
I am my own heritage.
The stories of souls within me,
speak the volumes I have yet to learn.
While composed of the essences of lives before,
I tread my own way,
because it must be my way,
can only be my way.

I've only just begun
and it may be near the end.

Will the peril offset my vision?

Never.

I stare deep into life,
"I dare your best".

I've only just begun,
and in beginning, I am alive.

I am alive.
I am beginning.
I am end.
I am choice.
I am time,
in the passing
of a life,
I am vision.

This was another period of upheaval, when I looked into the future and said, "Bring it on."

"Loss"
The length of time, a second.
The waning of the moon,
the breath before life escapes us,
the lie within the truth.

The chance never taken,
the feelings never voiced,
the beauty seen by no one,
the ugly seen by all.

The "what if" of our tomorrow,
"if only" of yesterdays,
the change never fostered,
the one who got away.

The goodbye that kept it's promise,
the tears upon a cheek,
the space between a moment,
the ones who go unseen.

0 comments: