Friday, April 25, 2008

The Stagnation After Graduation

Five days out of graduation with my yoga certification and still no bites in the studio realm. I'll be on sub lists in two studios. How often they actually call subs and how many down I am on the list preoccupies me.

I also listed on YogaFinder.com as a private instructor - I created rates and packages that are well below industry average - expanded my yoga blog to include my services as an instructor and designed business cards.

So - sure I've been busy and proactive but there has to be more I can do. What sucks is that I know I am going to have to take classes at these studios in order to show my face, get to know the teachers that will be calling me as a sub - in a word, network. Nevertheless, money I don't have.

This is SO not what I expected but it's cool. The veil is lifting and I'm not scared enough to run or give in.

I want this SO bad. I want to make a living out of this but at the same time, I want what I do to really make a difference in people's lives.

Patience is a good lesson on my yogic journey - why not start now, huh?

0 comments: