Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Living My Life Like it's Golden

I am so full tonight, so content. Life is going my way lately and the results are beautiful.

I had dinner tonight with a dear friend. Her kids hung with us for the afternoon and she joined later. We had risotto, chocolate chip cookies and coffee. It was so cool, so sublime.

I used to have nights like this, years ago, with another dear friend of mine and it wasn't until I was living the moment tonight that I realized how much I had missed this sort of female connection. The talking, the laughing, the sharing.

I was blissed out.

Having such a full life, as I feel I do right now, means I'm a better person, a better mom, a better partner, a better friend, because then I'm operating from a state of balance, a state of peace and fulfillment.

So much has changed in the years since my divorce--it's like, there's my life pre-divorce and post-divorce now. The divorce is the center mark in my timeline. During that time, I emptied myself--I fell to pieces and in the rebuilding, I kept what worked and I discarded the rest. I reordered and came further into my being.

It was a blessing. I hate that the children have lost their father but that was his choice--I didn't cause it. We lost our marriage, it didn't have to mean his place in their lives.

One day, I'll explore it all here but not tonight. There are dark twists and turns that I'm not sure I'm prepared to explore right now. Soon. Life is good right now. That is the 'it' of it all.

0 comments: