Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If I don't stop moving...

...it seems I can accomplish a lot. Though I woke as late as I always wake, it's a bit after 12:00 and we've already had lunch and are moving our way forward.

I didn't stop for coffee this morning, didn't allow myself to indulge in internet time or Frasier (my weakness)--I just kept moving. Pulling the pot from the cabinet, opening the canned tomatoes and sauce, opening the canned navy beans and black eyed peas, chopping the onions, adding all to the pot on the stove, spicing it up and finally, upon a good simmer, adding the kale.

Deciding upon corn fritters to accompany what was seemingly a stew on the stove, I quickly grabbed the flour, corn meal and all other "fritter" ingredients and whipped them up in less than 5 minutes. Heated the pan w/oil and set to frying the fritters.

I am off to see what else I can accomplish when I keep putting those feet forward...

0 comments: