Sunday, January 13, 2008

And the lights came down...

in our home today. Holidaze is over and I have to say, love the minimalist feel of my house--well, most of it. The craft room has to suffer abundance, otherwise, I'd be irresponsible. But the rest of the house says, who needs stuff when you got this family? The only clutter is the parade of frames telling a caption by caption story--the fairytale of family.

We packed away all decorations and put the normal face back on our abode. My little man raked the leaves in the yard and packed them into two paper grocery bags--I paid him $2.00, he worked hard and it was his idea to help. He didn't know he was doing it for money--what a great kid.

I had my Sunday baby over--we danced, had snacks, played a bit of the ole' imitation game, swung on the swing and ran outside. It was a great day! I showered her with kisses and inhaled that sweet baby smell from her soft, delicate cheeks--I just love how my lips sink into her round, fleshy little face. She's my walking, breathing yoga, man. Peace abounds when a babe is near--it quiets my mind, my heart, my soul.

(God I was born to be a mother--I crave children! I can feel this gnawing longing in my core--they bring so much contentment to a life.)

I tossed some espresso grounds over the fence to my neighbor (she uses it for her soil) and she tossed back a big bag of fresh picked (from her tree) organic oranges--nectar of the gods! Oh man--I'm 33 and have only recently eaten a fresh orange (thanks to her). I'll never be able to bring myself to buy them from a produce mart again--I'm ruined but what a way to be ruined!

My daughter has had a rough day. She procrastinated on her virtual classes and has a mother lode right now. I wish so bad that I could save her--she's been working since 10:00 this morning and it's almost 9:00. We stopped for lunch and dinner of course but the poor thing has gone hard core. And you know, she'll be okay. She's gonna pull through.

Things I loved about this day? My Sunday baby, my helpful little man, his sweetness w/my Sunday baby, the way he supports his sister (he was typing for her while she dictated some of her assignment because she was SO tired), my daughter's precious smile, her precious, precious smile, the way she falls into me when we hug, like she's holding onto time...you know, what am I saying? I loved every second.

It just occurred to me that this is what it feels like to really live. I did it man, in the moment. My heart is full and I am peace right now.

I must have been a near saint in my last life because we have our trials but I am blessed beyond the measure of the human potential for goodness...and I deserve every second of the joy.

0 comments: