Saturday, January 12, 2008

Where I'm at..

I am guilty of dwelling on what I don't have and not FULLY appreciating what I do. Not that I don't love my life and all it's bounty but I occasionally think of what I still want that I don't have and allow it to sadden me or distract me.

For instance, I want a baby--that's no secret. Everyone who knows me better than a distant cousin knows I want a baby, another child, to experience this beauty all again. At times, the near impossibility of this weighs me down but what I'm forgetting or overlooking are my two wonderful children. They're not gone. They're right here and my focus needs to be on them 100% and come what may, when it might.

At times, I want more money--just enough to be comfortable, I want to travel, I want to be debt-free, I want ceramic tile floors, I want to paint the house, I want new windows, I want a play set in the backyard for the kiddos, I want, I want, I want.

I need an alignment of thinking--I want to be precisely where I'm at so that I don't stray from the one moment I am assured of, the moment I am guaranteed...the moment I am in.

0 comments: