Thursday, October 18, 2007

The weirdest day

So today I'm all psyched to go to yoga--power yoga. I take a quick power nap after a long day of activities for my kids and I leave the house when partner gets home with 40 minutes for my drive.

Yeah. Not happening and this became very apparent when it was 10 to 6 (class starting time) and I was still in dead stopped traffic and could see the overpass I was to merge onto, also dead stopped traffic.

I was in a very un-yogic huff. Drove home and decided to attend another yoga class at 7:15. Chilled for a bit at home and left again.

I walk into the yoga studio and there is no one there yet so I start a few sun salutations, glad that there will obviously NOT be a crowd tonight. My yoga teacher comes in and we chit-chat but come 7:15 NO OTHER STUDENTS. She's totally weirded out. Making comments about not being able to teach to one student, doesn't know how, has never had to do it. She's freaking me out. Should I just go? I ask. Do you mind? She replies.

Off the record: Are you fucking kidding me? Do you know what I had to do to get here tonight? Do you know how bad I need this class and you can't get over a hang-up to teach the one student who bothered to come to your lame ass yoga class?!?!?

So, I'm cool but allowing a bit of irritation to rise to the surface and I pack up my mat to leave. She walks out, apologizing and further exploring how weird this is. I say don't sweat it and make my way to my car.

All the way home I'm trying to figure this weird shit out. Why were there so many barriers to my yoga practice tonight? Was this a message from the universe or just shit happening at precisely the wrong moment in my life?

0 comments: