Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sleep tight...

I'm getting ready for bed but I thought I should drop in and drop a few lines.

Life is good--I'm over my yoga upset. Had a fine practice myself yesterday morning and figured the incident itself was a test of my "yoga". I'm not sure how I did on that test but I'm thinking not so good.

Anyways, we spent the evening at a cast party for my little guy and his fellow cast mates from the play they were in recently--the one that took this family on a whirlwind! It was nice--cool people, cool atmosphere. All in all can't complain.

I had Jen drive me home so I could practice yoga and she did. Once she left, I was on the porch fiddling with the Halloween lights and getting bit by mosquitos. I thought I would turn the porch light off so as to not attract them as much and when the knob wouldn't turn, I realized I was locked out. I had locked myself out--what a moron!

I went to one neighbor's house and he shredded a giftcard trying to open my lock but no go. I went to another neighbor's house to borrow her phone and phone book--I thought I would call Jen at this party and have her come home w/her keys. The phone number was perpetually busy. So I left here and thought I might walk to the party site--maybe two miles away. I got to the main road and thought, "What the hell are you doing". I see it all the time. A woman walking alone at night and becomes a victim--I am an advocate for these women for Christ's sake. So I go to another neighbor's house to use their phone and try ONE MORE time to call this lady's house having the party. Nothing--still busy. This neighbor offers to drive me to the party and I was beside myself excited! I couldn't thank him enough and he was so very sweet about it, so nonchalant, like it was no big deal.

So once Jen gets me back to the house, I keep the keys in my pocket while I finish the lights outside, just in case.

When the kids get home about an hour later, they are stoked about the lights. I'm happy they are happy.

Then I hit the grocery before they closed and am preparing to go to bed as I write this.

Hopefully, I can have some yoga time in the morning--I have A LOT of preparation before next month's class.

0 comments: