Wednesday, May 30, 2007

To my son...

Dearest little boy--

I want you to know how very much I love you and how much you add to my life.

I love your smile--it's grown from a mouth of little, pearls to the transition teeth you have now, a symbol of your growth. I love the light in your eyes when you smile, I love the way your cheeks lift in little bubbles.

I love the way you always want to be touching me--hugging me, snuggling me, leaning on me, laying in my lap. I love your touches--you make me feel so loved.

I love your words--I love when you share what you are reading with me, I love when you tell me about the games you play, I love when you tell me your fears and your dreams. I love your voice and I love that you want to speak with me--what you say is so very important.

I love your energy--you lift my spirits with your energy and happiness--I love how you cannot be contained.

I love your little body--I love watching you grow.

I love that you want to spend time with me--I love spending time with you, you are SO cool to talk with.

I love your thoughts and ideas.

I love when you sing and you think no one is listening--your voice is so sweet to hear.

I want to go for walks with you because I love the way you look at the world.

I want you to read me a story because I get lost in your sweet voice.

You bring me joy, I love being your mom--I love how you live your life and I thought you needed to know.

Love, Mommy

1 comments:

Bren-Bren said...

I love you to.