Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trying love again...

I can't really explain what happened in the last 4 months--at least, I'm not there yet. I have ideas and stories I tell myself, stories we tell each other but the truth is elusive, there just below the surface, waiting for capture.

Nevertheless, we are baby-stepping toward each other again--more honest about where we are, more open about what we want, more willing to listen to the other, more interested in each other, more committed to our time, more involved in the space we occupy.

This makes me happy--this also makes me trepid.

There were real reasons we divided our home, our things, our lives and I want to make sure that we can overcome those obstacles, that we can call them forth, acknowledge them and decide what we do with them.

Are we stronger than what originally pulled us apart? Is our love deep enough? Are there ties that bind us and what are they made of?

Here's to trying love again--a love that never died, a love that changed formed, that bowed under the pressure of elements coincidentally coinciding--a love worth a second look.

0 comments: