Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Toothcare & Plastic Yogurt Tubs?

Intrigued?

As was I.

Lately, I have become a discriminating consumer--really looking close at the companies I buy from and their products, even paying more if I need to for better ethics and practices. I let my dollar speak for me; it's a universal language.

When I was introduced to Recycline, I thought, it's about time because it was only a matter of time.

Recycline is a maker of eco-friendly household items and here are their core principles, taken directly from their website (http://www.recycline.com/):



  • Preserve products are made from 100% recycled plastics and 100% post-consumer paper. By using recycled materials, we save energy, preserve natural resources and create an incentive for communities to recycle.

  • All of our plastic products are recyclable, either through our postage-paid labels and mailers (toothbrushes and razor handles) or at the curb in communities that recycle #5 plastic.

  • We make our products in the USA, so that we can ship them shorter distances, using less fuel and limiting our environmental footprint.

  • We don’t test on animals. Period.

  • Preserve products are made to last – and to look good doing it.

Recycline makes razors, toothbrushes, flavored toothpicks, tableware, food storage, cutting boards and a few other household/kitchenware items.

I tried the toothbrush which was, thanks to the forward thinking of Recycline, made from recycled yogurt cups, some of which are from Stonyfield Farms yogurt, and better than that, Recycline includes a postage paid mailer for the consumer to return the toothbrush for recycling when it reaches it's life capacity--AT NO CHARGE TO THE CONSUMER.

Check out the bristles cleaning my pearly whites lately:

http://www.recycline.com/toothbrush.html

Target is selling them for $2.04 and Recycline has coupons on their website for several of their products.

What impressed me the most is that I didn't have to sacrifice a quality toothbrush for my eco-mania, I was able to have both. Better still? The toothbrush comes in a handy travel case--no wasted paperboard or plastic casing for this brush and the case gets recycled right along with the brush to be born again into plastic lumber for picnic tables, boardwalks and decks.

Dare I say, I'm smitten?

0 comments: