Sunday, April 06, 2008

Home

We arrived, safely, back at home from a three day trip to see family.

It's always great to come home but this time it was especially great. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE visiting family, I LOVE my family but I'm SO different from them and those differences become accentuated, pronounced and inflated when I'm with them.

I feel like an outcast, an oddity.

I put A LOT of emphasis on nutrition, my own and my children's. I count their fruit and vegetable servings and don't pour just any juice in their glass. I dress pancakes in maple syrup NOT high fructose corn syrup. I use olive oil not a vegetable blend that expired two years ago--shelf life resonates with me. I opt out of microwaving plastic in order to opt out of having it in me. And, I don't eat just any meat--I am concerned with the treatment of the animal from which it comes because when I consume the flesh of the animal, I take its energy, its experience and it becomes me. I take that very seriously.

I don't ask everyone to adopt my views and practices but do understand that I am my own person and am following a path of consciousness built on doing better when knowledge is heightened.

I thought I had made peace with our differences and perhaps I have. Something about this trip made me feel especially awkward and I suppose I need to explore that more.

Nevertheless, I came home and lit incense. I practiced yoga with calming chants in the background. I cooked two square meals for my family with wholesome, whole, natural and organic ingredients.

I connected with myself, centered and affirmed I am just who I want to be.

0 comments: