Thursday, February 21, 2008

The *edit* of "The Styrofoam Vegetable Tray"

I have edited this submission following a review from the editor of the community column where I submit once a month (though I committed to weekly submissions).

She, rightfully, offered that the language, ie. f-bombs, at times, deteriorated the shock value--the necessary rawness that captured my downward spiral.

Thanks editor lady. I couldn't agree more.

BTW, thank you too for offering this:

"I LOVE this submission! Probably because I LIVED this submission in my own childhood. I think a lot of people will relate and I think it took a lot of guts to share!"

I felt a bit inadequate when I read this, like, someone else has survived a mom like me and now I write from the other side of that darkness to which she relates. Hmmmm.

Not sure how I feel about that--ah well. I own my demons, I suppose.

0 comments: