Monday, January 21, 2008

Kicking my ass into gear

I have had a spell of laziness. We were living a busy life before the holidaze and during the holidaze we caught a break. Well, the holidaze are over and I still can't seem to move my ass so I begin today with a few promises to myself.

* I will make it through my doctor's visit today.

* I will take the kids to the local used bookstore to pick out a book.

* I will FINALLY write our letters to our peace corps volunteer.

* I will turn off my heat for the day--sure it's cozy but a disregard of energy consumption.

* I will continue to be open to worthy uses of my time.

* I will review and study my yoga postures that I am expected to teach this weekend.

* I will be grateful for every moment of this life.

If I can at least stay on track with these, I will feel satisfied and fulfilled. If I decide to take on more throughout the course of our day, gravy.

Now I must go and wake the kids up so we can get our butts out the door for my doctor visit. Ah. There's accomplishment #1!

0 comments: