Sunday, December 30, 2007

So, anyway...

...the kitchen flooded tonight from the bath my son was taking in the adjacent bathroom. We believe the water that was running into the slit in the tub that sucks up the water as it gets too high--I'm speaking in completely technical terms here--was the water spilling over into our kitchen, obviously, there is a crack somewhere. Yeah. Obviously.

So, I kind of felt like Tom Hanks in the Money Pit when he's watching his claw-foot tub fall through the bathroom floor and he begins to laugh hysterically--I was kind of there, without the laughing. All I could do was hold my head and shake it from side to side, as if the shaking made what I was seeing any less real.

I'm not upset, really. Fortunately, we have the dehumidifier from our other house woes and can remove this water from the baseboards, walls, air handler closet and under our shitty-ass linoleum. I may have to prostitute myself when I get my electric bill but I've had to be creative before, financially speaking--not prostitution mind you, but creative.

The thing is, I'm not upset. I feel surprisingly calm and at peace with the whole situation--is this my yoga or something else?

0 comments: