Friday, December 28, 2007

Menu for tomorrow

As I sit here w/trash TV in the background, I thought I would plan my menu tomorrow before I forget what I want to prepare and because we are stretched, I need to make these ingredients last...

For breakfast, I'll make an apple bread--this time w/sugar because I really messed it up last time.

***Update: Made apple bran sweetened w/brown sugar and molasses--they are okay. Certainly nutritious but just alright in the yum department.

For lunch, I'll make quinoa and cheese tortillas w/ black bean soup [black beans, canned tomatoes, orange pepper, banana pepper and onions] poured on top w/a dollop of organic sour cream.

***Update: Am going to begin this soon but had to argue w/my credit card company over a $39.00 over-the-limit fee they charged me when the finance charge THEY added took my balance over the limit for $3.00. Is this fucked up or is it just me? I mean, clearly, I carry a balance because I cannot afford to pay it off so already I'm hit with finance charges (ie. paying for being poor) every month but then when it gets so close to the limit and a finance charge takes me over a measly three bucks, I get another fee--this time a good one, one that says *POW*! So she lectures me on planning for my finance charges and managing my credit to which I reply, taking no moment to realize I need her on my side, that I am not defective in the mind but simply overlooked it this month and that's why I'm calling. She reversed the fee w/a 'screw you' tone in her voice.

Snacks: Boiled eggs for w/fruit smoothies

For dinner, corn fritters [corn meal w/frozen corn] and, hmmm.....I'll have to think on that.

0 comments: