Sunday, December 09, 2007

Contentment

The day has gone well so far. Upon waking up, I moved through my yoga practice that I will be expected to teach when we resume our training in January. Our instructor expects that it will be a 30 minute practice--that is our challenge. This morning, I managed it in 26 minutes and that was without the meditation--I can SO swing that, I just need to do a bit of refining before we meet again.

I did manage to get to crafts with the kids today--it was great! We made garland for pine cone xmas trees and prepared a few more decorations for them. We worked on our clay windchimes that we made at the Art Center, adding beads to the twine before tying the pieces together--I'm torn about putting them outside, they're so cute and I want to preserve them. My daughter made beautiful worry dolls--worry dolls are Guatemalen, allegedly you speak a worry to each doll and place them under your pillow at night. I recently bought some for friends of my bits who were having a birthday and I have some put back for their xmas stockings...shhh.

Last night I made chocolate bark--white chocolate on the bottom and milk chocolate on top with crumbled candy cane pieces. This morning I pulled it off the parchment paper--it was perfect and YUM!

All in all a really good day but I did not move through the day easily--there was an underlying stress. It could be because I am on call and on these days, always waiting for the pager to go off--which it did but I was only gone for 3 hours.

I'm losing track of where I wanted to go, so perhaps it's time to call it a post.

0 comments: