Monday, November 19, 2007

To master or not to master...

So I'm two years out of the Masters program (Sociology) and still no thesis. Data is collected, partially analyzed--as much as anyone can "analyze" qualitative interview data, I play along to get by--but that is where the thesis hit the wall.

Dare I entertain the idea of NOT doing this. Committing to an unfinished degree, bucking the proverbial system, giving the finger to the higher education machine and moving forward in relative peace with my decision?

Ya know. I might just do that, if I didn't have $50,000 in student loans to payoff because of that higher education machine.

I think I'd be an idiot if I dropped the ball now, but how do you fall back in line with something you're not sure you believe in anymore?

Damn self-growth and evolution--there's a different reflection in that mirror now.

0 comments: