Monday, November 26, 2007

One foot in front of the other?

The kids and I are drinking evening coffee--they are making origami fiddles in the den and I'm writing in the kitchen, my favorite room in the house sometimes. I accomplished a good deal today. We had a quick breakfast, made our way to the downtown library and checked out some cool books and DVD's and then headed to the Farmer's Market where I bought: a butternut squash, 4 onions, 4 avocados and 3 bell-peppers, ALL for only $8.00. I was pleased with myself.

We had a very late lunch of grilled quesadillas topped with a black bean soup that I prepared with canned tomatoes (pureed), onions, bell-peppers, powdered cayenne pepper, black pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. It was so yum! We ate so late, I'm not sure that we'll be ready for dinner anytime soon.

While I was cooking, the kids partner read an article at Science News for Kids on the science of happiness and we discussed the article w/questions listed on the website--it was interesting and kind of a cool way to do two things at one time, cooking and homeschooling.

I'm on call tonight which prevents me from going too deep into any one project, feel like I have to be ready at a moment's notice and, I guess, I do. I suppose there is a lot I could do, especially because I'm not actually leaving the house but it's a mind thing.

I've retired to the bedroom and asked to be left alone--I'm in a funk, kind of tired and feeling an overall sense of 'blah'. My thesis is hanging over my head seriously. If I could just jumpstart myself and my work, I'd be on my way but it's the jumping part that eludes me. I'm seriously uninspired and it's effecting other areas of my life. For instance, I will not read a good book because I feel like I should be reading material related to my thesis. I put 4 news books on my xmas wish list in hopes that I can shake this impediment.

I just need to do it, I know. I get that but I'm so not interested anymore.

0 comments: