Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Early riser

So I went to bed early and this is what it gets me? I was in bed unusually early, around 10:00 and probably asleep by 11:00. Then, I wake--wide awake--at 3:00 and have been up ever since. Sure, I tossed and turned for about 2 hours 45 minutes trying to return to my slumber but to no avail.

I realized that I might as well embrace my internal, disrupted sleep clock and rise from bed. I washed all the fruit in our fridge so it's ready to eat when the kids want a snack, diced an orange, an apple and some grapes for a morning fruit salad and wrapped organic sausage w/cheese and onions in a spinach tortilla--yum. Drank a huge glass of water, stretched with some yoga postures and now I blog until time to leave for my yoga class.

It's been a great morning and it's only 7:45! I rarely see this hour unless it's against my will. Hopefully, I have enough fuel to continue at this pace but something tells me a nap is in my very near future!

0 comments: