Sunday, September 16, 2007

A bit about the day...

I got to sleep in a bit this morning. Had to rise at 8:00 to page in but went back to bed until about 10:00--that was nice. I was up late doing some writing, still trying to polish up my submission for my first community column, "A Mother's Journey".

Made Americano's for Jen and I on our new Magnifica--an extremely expensive espresso machine that we only own because it was a gift from her mother. It's cool, I call her Maggie.

One little bit had cereal and the other had grape tomatoes and cheese cubes, so that was an easy enough breakfast. I reheated stir-fry from last night for my brunch and made a cream of potato soup--I made a huge batch and discovered via the Internet that freezing is not recommended for this particular soup. Great. We will be nice and sick of potato soup in about three days. I don't know, it's pretty good, so maybe not.

I was able to make it to dance class for the daughter bit, she was beautiful and I was glad to be there.

Now I'm sitting in front of the computer, drinking coffee, listening to Pandora and free writing on the blog. It's nice.

Last night, I caught up on pictures. The digital camera is my demise because I keep them stored in my Picassa and fail to print actual copies. I have just been printing enough to hang on the walls, to keep at least those frames current, but have failed to keep the photo books as current. So I have 200 pics being mailed to me from June 2005 through December 2005. I know. Yikes! It has to be done though. Now I just need to organize and order January 2006 to present and I will feel complete, in that respect anyway.

I am committing to do yoga this evening. It's hard though, to achieve any sort of blissful abandon with my pager by my side, knowing that I could be paged out at any time. Ah well. I need to try, at least.

Suppose I'll check in later and update myself on myself.

0 comments: