Thursday, June 28, 2007

I played today!!!

Shameful, I know--but I do not remember the last time I played! Well, at least until today--I played today with my little bits at the park down from our house.

It happened like this: We rode our bikes to my daughter's belly dancing class and when we were leaving, I asked if they would like to go for a bike ride--I wasn't quite ready to go home. They were up for it and we headed toward the park we have recently found in our neighborhood--they wanted to play in the water.

When we came upon the park, I had planned on letting them run through a few times and heading home. I still had dinner to make and no prospect in mind. We parked our bikes and as I watched them in the water, I thought to myself that they need to see a carefree side of me--they need to know that I can be silly and free. So I ran up behind my daughter and held her under the spraying fountain--soaking myself at the same time. Then my son and it was on. They kept coming after me, me after them--it was bliss.

We were soaked and happy and laughing--it was cool. On the way home, they kept talking about what we had done, how cool it was that I got wet with them--this simple act had made their night and mine as well.

I don't get to feel good about my mothering as much as I would like and today I was able to feel good about it, to pat my self on the back, to sleep easy when night fell.

I love them so much, I SO want for more days like this one. Days where we play, have fun, act silly--days where we are free, in spirit, in tongue, in body.

It was a good day.
I was a good mom.
They were thrilled.
Who cares that we didn't eat dinner until 10:30 at night...

0 comments: