Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The World on My Shoulders

My children and I had a bad day today and I, true to form, will lose sleep over the mistakes I made--mistakes that will surely alter the rest of their life. What did I change in them today, what did I chip away in my fit of anger and why do I bear this burden alone?

Tomorrow will be different and I will praise their every move--be sure to let them know how truly fantastic I think they are--their gifts, their contributions, their presence in this world. A mother's work is never done--cliche, yet like all cliches, it sums the situation best.

I am alone with myself as I sit here at my computer--alone at last but alas, I'm not alone at all. I'm still mom and I'm still "on" in my head, working for them as I contemplate how best to right the wrongs of today and love my children the way they deserve to be loved as I swim against the current of society.

0 comments: