Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The whirling of my mind...

Wow--I'm in and out of various lines of contemplation.

So many lines of thoughts...

I have been at the computer ALL morning arranging our lessons for the day--American Revolution, Women of the Revolution--we must incorporate the sisters, the feminine energy permeating our story, excerpts of Patrick Henry's famous speech calling the nations to arms so that the children can translate his words into their own, hopefully sealing their understanding of just what he was calling on the nation to do.

Sigh. Then there is the subject of my own life...piecing together a yoga teaching schedule that will fit around any new part-time work that I take on.

And then, the general practice of staying in the moment. Right here. Not skipping ahead to next week or lingering in the yesterday or the day before with all of it's sweetness. Some moments or periods of our lives are so very sweet and perfect that it is tempting to rest there...but this sort of resting, this sort of looking back is counterproductive to the forward movement of our lives. It can distract us from the moment--the precise moment we are in.

Such is my challenge today and everyday I suppose but my consciousness is raised to it's importance this day.

And so I rise to meet the expectations I have set for myself as a mindful being moving through time.

0 comments: