Saturday, July 19, 2008

15 minutes 'til dinner

I am determined to write--something, anything!

Taught yoga this evening. I was teaching at the very school I certified at and, no pressure, my teacher was in class w/a new cohort of students coming through.

Sadly, I had a small class--3 students but 9 w/the teacher trainees. I had hoped to fill the place and impress her but even I have noticed my numbers dwindling in that class. I try not to take it to heart, it is summer after all but the bottom line is, I teach a different brand of yoga than the other teachers of her studio.

Less talking, less alignment language and more encouragement to go inside, stay inside, listen to your body's wisdom, etc.

I was ToTaLLy nervous with her there because I know my style has changed since I left her class--I'm gravitating toward an authentic yogic experience. Not that this particular studio is not authentic, yoga is yoga, right? I just want more, rather, I want different. I want student's to have their own experience--not one I tell them to have.

Ah well.

Got up early to talk to my daughter this morning. I have been able to tell lately that she needs me, she needs me to look her in the eyes and ask about life. I've been busy teaching and making a path for myself that I've cheated the children.

It felt good to talk to her, to really hear her and look her in the eyes.

Need to go check on dinner--it's 8 here and we're just now getting there.

Love,
Me

0 comments: