Sunday, July 01, 2007

A rainy day and cup of coffee...

It's raining out, the kids are occupied with each other and I'm in front of the computer seeking inspiration or perhaps I am inspired and I'm seeking an outlet. Who knows. Let's explore.

It's been a good day. I slept in, had a yummy brunch when I woke--cucumber and swiss cheese sandwich on cracked wheat bread, went to daughter's bellydancing class, came home and had a snack. Rather uneventful but nice. Peaceful. Moving at our own pace. I always like that.

Received an email (in response to mine) from my former step-brother. It was nice to hear from him--I would love the opportunity to explore a friendship with him, we do share a past, afterall, even if only a brief one.

Seeing him really has me thinking--about myself, my place here, my past and how much my past says about me--it even has me thinking about my parenting and the role I play in my children's life.

I have a theory on why I was the way I was when I was younger--but the theory just prompted me to go play with my children. I can't do this right now--I'll explain when I get back!

0 comments: