Sunday, July 29, 2007

I danced like no one was looking...

...and they really weren't!

I was doing yoga tonight, during a period of overdue and much needed ALONE time. I was in a silly mood anyway--Regina Spektor was on and I was playfully shaking my hips as I was in tree pose.

So I gave yoga one last sun salute, turned on Le Disko and danced like a woman all alone in her room--all alone in the world. No bra. No worries. And my boobs kept their own beat.

It was nice, it was freeing--I kept going after Le Disko. Magic Tree by Kristen Price, Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega and Mana by Xavier Rudd--then, ended with Le Disko again, of course.

I was certainly not as "on" as I used to be in my club hopping days but it felt so liberating to dance, to feel the music pumping through me and, more importantly, to be alone.

0 comments: